Patient Bill of Rights & Responsibilities
Patient Rights – You have the Right:
- To considerate and respectful service.
- To obtain service without regard to race, creed, national origin, sex, age,
disability or illness, or religious affiliation.
- To confidentiality of all information pertaining to your medical care and service.
- To a timely response to your request for service and to expect continuity of services.
- To select the home medical equipment supplier of your choice.
- To make informed decisions regarding your care planning.
- To be told what service will be provided in your home, how often, and by whom.
- To agree to or refuse any part of the plan of service or plan of care.
- To an explanation of charges including policy for payment.
- To voice grievances without fear, termination of service or other reprisals.
- To have your wishes honored as they apply to advance directives you have formulated.
- To have your pain assessed as it relates to the services provided.
- To have your communication needs met.
Patient Responsibility – You have the Responsibility:
- To ask questions about the part of the plan of service or plan of care that you do not understand.
- To protect the equipment from fire, water, theft or other damage while it is in your possession.
- To use the equipment for the purpose for which it was prescribed, following instructions provided for use, handling, care, safety, and cleaning.
- To supply us with needed insurance information necessary to obtain payment for services and assume responsibility for charges not covered. You are responsible for settlement in full of your account.
- To be at home for scheduled visits or notify us to make other arrangements.
- To notify us immediately of:
• Equipment failure, damage, or need of supplies
• Any change in your prescription or physician
• Any change or loss in insurance coverage
• Any change in address or telephone number, whether permanent or temporary
• Any discontinued equipment or services
- To be respectful of the property owned by our company and considerate of our personnel.
- To contact us if you acquire an infectious disease during the time we provide service.